Rough Cut Casuals is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after your data is very important to us, and we will ensure it is always kept safe and secure. We hope that we explain clearly below that we are collecting it to offer you the best possible ordering experience when purchasing your childrens' school uniform.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why we collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis;and
- what your rights are.
Rough Cut Casuals will be the 'Data Controller' of any data you provide to us..This means we determine the purposes and ways in which any personal data is, or will be, processed.
We are registered with the Data Commissioner’s Office under registration no: Z9982612
Rough Cut Casuals will never email to you asking you for your credit or debit card details or your bank account details. If you receive any email or correspondence claiming to be from Rough Cut Casuals asking you for such details, please DO NOT respond but forward the mail to us instead for our action.
How and why we collect information from you
When you are buying goods from us we will request the following personal information from you:
- full name
- contact numbers
- email address..
- Your IP address which is collected automatically for security and fraud prevention purposes only
We require this information so that we can efficiently and accurately process your order. By creating a customer record with us, you will be able to save your basket for your next visit, which we hope will make the ordering process as smooth and easy as possible.
In order to undertake website personalisation, we will also gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile), and this may include IP address.
Who we share your information with and why
Rough Cut Casuals works with a number of partners so that we can provide the highet quality of service possible. We work with:
- Supplier Partners
We will, on occasion, need to share your information with our supplier partners so that they can fulfil your order on our behalf. We will only share essential information required to fulfil our contractual obligation to you in providing you with the goods you have ordered. We will only work with suppliers who comply with the GDPR and Data Protection Act as well.
- Delivery Partners
- IT Companies
- Payment processing
For the purposes of accepting payment for your order, we will redirect you to Paypal's own website. They too are fully compliant with the GDPR and Data Protection Act.
The Only Exception
You should be aware that If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and/or User Information we are compelled to do so.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to Administrative Head of Rough Cut Casuals, email Admin@DirectSchoolwear.co.uk
How long we keep your information
For legal purposes, we will retain your personal information for 7 years after you've provided it to us. It may be used to establish, bring or defend legal claims made by or against us. There are however exceptions to this such as if:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Direct Schoolwear, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact Call Centre 0333 777 8000
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.